Internal Number: 210062851
Community College of Philadelphia
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Keystone Education Yields Success ( KEYS ) is a collaborative program between the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services ( DHS ) and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges. The program is designed to assist adult students who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families ( TANF ) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program ( SNAP ) attending Pennsylvania's community colleges in ensuring the successful completion of the students' course of study to enhance employability and job readiness. Under the supervision of the Project Director, KEYS , the Student Facilitator will work directly with students, provide intensive case management, and facilitate/coordinate activities for students to promote academic success, address barriers to education and prepare for employment at a family-sustaining wage.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.
- Establish initial contact with all new students referred to the program.
- Conduct outreach to County Assistance Offices and other community organizations to recruit and enroll new KEYS participants.
- Provide support for assigned students enrolled in certificate and/or associate degree programs (on Main Campus and at the College's Regional Centers).
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of necessary regulations pertaining to TANF and SNAP regulations in employment and training programs.
- Document and data enter student attendance, service plans and academic progress/status in compliance with BETP / DHS requirements and maintain electronic and manual files for assigned students.
- Maintain up-to-date database of pertinent student personal and academic information for review and reporting.
- Assure student compliance in meeting TANF and SNAP work participation requirements and complete required documentation.
- Conduct and facilitate orientations, regular and ongoing status meetings and enrichment workshops to enhance academic, career and professional development.
- Sustain on-going contact with assigned students and assist them in obtaining supportive services from the County Assistance Office and/or other community resource agencies.
- Monitor student academic progress, in consultation with the Project Director each semester, and refer to College resources such as tutoring and counseling as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to students on educational and career pathways related to academic major and high priority occupations to support program outcome guidelines.
- Coordinate and accompany students to program related off-campus activities.
- Collaborate with Job Developer and attend career fairs and other employment outreach activities as needed for the purposes of supporting students' career readiness.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in education, social work, human services or related field required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
- Two (2) years of experience working with disadvantaged populations, one (1) of which must be with TANF and SNAP clients for the purposes of employment and training required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources for meeting the needs of TANF and SNAP clients required.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience working with TANF and SNAP regulations in an employment and training program required.
- Expertise in human/social services, case management and workshop facilitation required.
- Ability to present information and speak in public required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with a team and collaborate with others across departments and disciplines required.
- Ability to travel locally to recruitment and community events required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
- Experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth Workforce Development System software ( CWDS ) preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Access and Publisher preferred.
"Success Starts Here" is our message to the Philadelphia community - and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Special Instructions to Applicants
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR PARTIAL REMOTE WORK
- Interested persons should complete an online application
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED .
- Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED .
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary Grade or Rank
$41,208 - $50,000
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Administrator - Temp
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application